The After-The-Bell program promotes core values of:
- Respect for self and others
- Caring relationships with adults
- Improved interpersonal and social behaviors
- Appreciation for volunteerism
- Exploration of varied opportunities
Our parents are welcome partners in making the After-The-Bell Program tick!
Our goal is to provide After-The-Bell participants with a safe, supervised after-school program filled with fun and enriching activities. The After-The-Bell staff and community volunteers promote the core values of the program and all participants and parents are required to read and sign the Code of Conduct included in the student brochure.
After-The-Bell Program features:
- Three six week cycles during the school year: fall, winter and spring
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday sessions from 2:35 to 5:00 pm
- A wide variety of recreational, social, and academic skill-developing activities. Students select two activities including one from 3-4:00 pm and one from 4-5:00 pm OR a double session from 3-5:00 pm.
- A snack in the cafeteria before starting the first session at 3:00 pm.
- Free bus ride home
- A free after-school program offered to all KMS students provided at no direct cost to the school district or taxpayers.
Parents love the program
Many parents are relieved that their children are not only safe, but also engaged in enriching activities during their after-school hours. Here are some thoughts on After-The-Bell from a few parents…
My two children had the opportunity to be in the After-The-Bell program where they learned to express themselves through different programs. It was so much fun listening to what they had to share about the program (art, knitting, bird watching, etc.). I am truly grateful for the opportunity my children had in After-The-Bell to inspire new interests and grow as people.
My son enjoys trying new and different experiences and After-The-Bell gives him the ability to try different pursuits he wouldn’t otherwise get to experience. It’s a great program with a lot to offer. I hope it continues to be offered to the students in years to come.
I enjoyed After-The-Bell because it kept my daughter active, and she was actually learning different things in activities like Science Experiments and ‘Make it Hot and Cold’.
My son looked forward to ATB at KMS all during his elementary school years, and he wasn’t disappointed! He had fun and learned a lot in the video gaming course, but especially loved being part of the Lego Robotics team. ATB has activities for every interest. We are so lucky to have this gem of a program!