After-The-Bell Code of Conduct
●Safety ●Respect ●Self-Discipline
Note that these are new rules of behavior and consequences.
Upon registering for After-The-Bell, all students and parents agree to this Code of Conduct. It covers how all students must behave in order to attend After-The-Bell activities. These rules apply for all hours. They apply to all locations, at the Middle School, at off-site activities and on any bus.
All students must behave safely and with respect to all volunteers, staff and other students.
At the beginning of each cycle, the staff will meet with the students during snack to explain that we expect them to behave properly. This group discussion will be a warning to all students to listen to and follow instructions from the facilitators and staff, to speak only in a respectful manner and follow all school rules.
The cornerstones of our code of conduct are safety, respect, and self-discipline. We promote safety, show respect, and learn self-discipline through
- Our language.
- Our actions to others.
We will no longer issue warnings for individual instances of misbehavior. The first time a student misbehaves, his/her parents will be contacted and he/she may be dismissed from the program immediately. The decision to allow the student to return during the current cycle or for any future cycle will be determined by the staff of After-The-Bell. Staff may also decide that the student must participate in different activities geared to promoting proper behavior. If these changes in activities are not acceptable to the student or parents, the child always has the option of withdrawing from the program for the current cycle.
The following are examples of behaviors which will cause students to be dismissed from After-The- Bell Program immediately!
- Inappropriate language such as lying, put-downs, bad language, swearing, threats, name-calling, or any language which could cause emotional injury to students, staff, or volunteers.
- Inappropriate actions which may cause injury to people or property. This will include as insulting gestures, throwing objects at others, pushing, fighting, stealing, and destroying property.
- Showing disrespect by ignoring, disobeying, talking back, or being sarcastic to volunteers or staff.
- Disruptive behavior in the cafeteria, the halls, the activities, or on the bus, which may include continuing to talk when asked to quiet down, continuous and intentional interruption of a volunteer, a member of the staff, or another student.
- Showing disrespect by using cell phones, CDs or MP3 players.
- Disrespect of school property, such as the touching the teacher’s desk, whiteboard, books, displays or equipment.
I understand that After-The-Bell is a completely voluntary and free after-school program that is provided by volunteers and community donations. I may choose at any time to remove my child from the program for the current cycle. My child is expected to behave in a safe and respectful manner when attending After-The-Bell. If my child breaks any rules, I will be contacted by the staff. I understand that my child may then be dismissed from his/her choice of activity and/or the entire program for misbehavior.